Did you know that getting the straightest, most fabulous smile no longer means having to endure a lengthy period of wearing hard-to-miss metal braces? Now there’s an option that’s barely noticeable, comfortable, and easy to live with.
InvisalignⓇ is a treatment platform that consists of a series of custom-made clear plastic aligners that fit your teeth like a glove. Every couple of weeks, you get a slightly differently shaped aligner, and your smile is corrected in record time.
Dr. Alistair Saeghi provides this innovative treatment with great expertise at Modern Age Dentistry. He’s available to speak with you about the significant benefits that Invisalign treatment offers so you can assess them and determine together whether you’re a candidate for the platform. This treatment is an important part of Dr. Saeghi’s menu of services, which range from routine checkups and care to cosmetic procedures and emergency treatment.
How does Invisalign work?
Before Dr. Saeghi starts you on Invisalign treatment, he takes an impression of your mouth, which is used when your aligners are created. This model also allows him to determine very specific parameters for your individual aligners — your Invisalign trays are designed for you and only you, and the company’s special SmartTrackⓇ Technology means that they’re hypoallergenic, durable, and flexible.
Dr. Saeghi fully explains what the course of your treatment will look and feel like. You’ll also learn how long your treatment period will be.
Once you start using your aligners, you check in with Dr. Saeghi about every six weeks.
Since Invisalign treatment is quite different from braces, Dr. Saeghi talks to you about how to get the most out of your treatment so you can attain the most dazzling results. Unlike braces that you wear constantly, you wear your Invisalign trays for 20-22 hours per day, taking them out to eat and drink and while brushing and flossing.
This means you don’t have all the dietary restrictions that come along with braces, since they trap food, which can contribute to decay. Certain foods also have the potential to bend and break wires, so with Invisalign, you won’t need to see us for time-consuming, costly corrective repair appointments.
As long as you can commit to wearing your aligners as directed, your oral health is good, and we can confirm that your teeth have stopped growing, it’s likely you can get Invisalign treatment.
Dr. Saeghi carefully examines your teeth and bite and considers other factors so he can be certain you’re a good candidate for this transformative treatment.
How can I make my transition to Invisalign a smooth one?
We’ve got tips for you to make your Invisalign treatment comfortable and easy — from the get-go:
- Take those first days with Invisalign in stride. It’s common for new users to notice that their speech undergoes a bit of a change — sometimes a temporary lisp develops but resolves rapidly.
- You may feel some initial soreness and discomfort at the start of treatment. Over-the-counter pain relievers can help with this, so don’t hesitate to take them if needed.
- Wear them, wear them, wear them. Making sure you follow those 20-22 hours per day guidelines will allow you to get your treatment started right and get used to the new feeling of wearing them.
- Tip #3 is a natural lead-in to this one: When you’re not wearing your aligners, be sure to store them properly in their case. There are too many stories out there about Invisalign users wrapping their trays in a napkin while they eat, then inadvertently throwing them away!
- Clean them properly by brushing and rinsing them with mild, warm water. You can also get cleaning tablets for your trays. The important thing is to clean them after you eat — every time you eat.
- Remember how important it is to keep brushing and flossing thoroughly throughout treatment — it optimizes your Invisalign results.
Prepare yourself to be amazed when your new smile is unveiled after Invisalign treatment. We have scores of patients who aren’t just satisfied with their treatment results, they’re delighted!
Learn more about Invisalign by calling the Modern Age Dentistry office that’s most convenient to you today. We have locations in West Hills, Atwater Village, and Ojai, California. You can also book an appointment online. We’re ready to create the smile of your dreams!