Modern Age Dentistry
Dentist located in West Hills, CA & Ojai, CA
At Modern Age Dentistry, with offices in Atwater Village, Los Angeles, West Hills, Canoga Park, Ojai, Oak View, Los Feliz, Woodland Hills, and Calabasas, California, every member of the family is welcome - from the youngest child to the seasoned senior. Having a single family dentist who meets everyone’s needs makes life a bit less chaotic. Dr. Alistair Saeghi takes great pride in teaching his youngest patients how to care for their teeth and protect their smiles so they will last a lifetime.
Family Dentistry Q & A
What should I look for in a family dentist?
Choosing a professional to care for your family’s oral health is an important decision. Many dentists specialize in treating certain age groups or patients with specific needs. A family dentist is versatile enough to treat the youngest patients to the oldest - and everyone in between.
A good family dentist:
- Has plenty of pediatric dentistry training
- Relates well with children
- Offers a welcoming, kid-friendly environment
- Offers flexible office hours to accommodate every family member’s schedule
- Encourages every patient to ask questions
- Involves everyone in decision-making
- Believes that good oral hygiene is a lifelong endeavor
What are the benefits of using a family dentist?
Family dentists are familiar with your family’s dental history, especially the traits that might be passed on to the next generation. Some families are more prone to tooth decay or gum disease. By anticipating the issues, your family dentist can be extra vigilant in preventing them.
Choosing a single-family dental practice is a matter of practicality. You can schedule visits for several family members at the same time instead of running around town to multiple dentists. It is also convenient to have all of your dental records in the same place.
When you make dental care a family affair, you demonstrate the importance of good oral care for your children. Inspired by mom and dad, they will take those good habits with them for the rest of their lives.
How can I prepare my child for their first visit to the family dentist?
The first dental visit often sets the tone for how a child feels about the dentist for years to come. When that first visit is fun, positive, and educational, children are more likely to be invested in their oral hygiene. If you have a nervous little one who isn’t quite sure about this dentist business, here are some things you can do to encourage him or her:
- Stay positive: avoid mentions of hurt or pain
- Schedule it wisely: a well-rested child is a happier child
- Don’t discount fear: avoid negating your child’s worries about the unknown
- Stick around: most dentists allow you to stay with your child during their visit
- Encourage questions: kids are more open when they know what to expect
At Modern Age Dentistry, all patients are family. Dr. Saeghi is proud to help our youngest patients to our oldest protect and care for their smiles for years to come. Call any of our locations to see if Dr. Saeghi is right for your family, or schedule an appointment online.