Modern Age Dentistry
Dentist located in West Hills, CA & Ojai, CA
If you are missing several teeth or are dealing with substantial decay or disease, dentures are a great option to restore your smile. Modern dentures are more durable and natural-looking than ever before. Replacing missing teeth with dentures reduces facial sagging and makes speaking and eating much easier. To discuss dentures and if they are right for you, schedule a consultation with Dr. Alistair Saeghi at any of Modern Age Dentistry serving patients in Atwater Village, Los Angeles, West Hills, Canoga Park, Ojai, Oak View, Los Feliz, Woodland Hills, and Calabasas, California.
Dentures Q & A
What kinds of dentures are available?
All dentures are essentially removable replacements for missing teeth. Dr. Ali Saeghi will discuss the different kinds of dentures available and which might be ideal for you:
- Full dentures: Full dentures replace an entire jawline of missing teeth. Immediate full dentures are worn the day remaining teeth are pulled so you don’t have to go without teeth. Conventional full dentures are worn after all teeth have been removed and the tissue has healed, usually around 2-3 months.
- Partial dentures: Partial dentures replace some but not all teeth in the jawline.They sit in a metal frame that attaches to either a crown or your own teeth. Partial dentures are removable.
- Overdentures: In some cases, your teeth may be preserved and filed down to be used as a base for dentures. Overdentures are a good option when available because they preserve more of the bone which can prevent the facial sagging that comes with tooth loss. Overdentures also relieve some of the pressure of biting and chewing off of the gums.
Are dentures right for me?
The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry projects that by 2020, 37.9 million adults in the U.S. will have dentures. Dentures have been used for centuries and are still one of the most popular methods for replacing missing teeth. So what makes dentures the right option for you?
- They are cost-effective: Dentures are often the most affordable option for replacing missing teeth.
- They are faster than other options: If you choose immediate dentures, you don’t have to worry about going without teeth.You’ll have them the same day your remaining teeth are removed.
- They are easy to care for: Dentures are very low-maintenance. Just soak them when not in use and brush daily to keep them looking their best.
- They look better than ever: Forget the notion of oversized, bulky false teeth. Modern dentures are designed to suit your mouth and face naturally and beautifully.
- They are versatile: Because of the many denture options available, you may be able to preserve some of your own teeth
How do I take care of my dentures?
To keep your dentures looking and feeling great, remember to:
- Brush them daily to prevent stains and plaque
- Take care of your mouth by brushing your tongue and gums daily
- Keep dentures moist by soaking in water or cleanser solution when not in use
- Use only ADA-approved adhesive creams and powders
- Call Modern Age Dentistry if you crack or break your dentures
Dr. Saeghi encourages patients to take the time they need and ask questions before committing dentures or any major dental procedure. Call Modern Age Dentistry to schedule a consultation to discuss what kind of dentures are best for your needs.